1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

20-Something's

So, we had our first meeting last night at church for the new 20-something's group. It got me very excited about the direction that this group is going to head.

Yes, I will likely end up being in a 'leadership' position of some sort (I've already taken on the emailing and coordinating position...lol) but I think just about everyone else who was there will be leaders too. Which is great. There were 12 of us there--and it's a good group of people, I really like them a lot. And I think we're going to have a great time together, and as I said, will likely end up being the leadership team.

There is a video series that we are watching called "
ReGroup" which is put out by Willow Creek Association. It's interesting to be putting together a group based on a video...and at first I was skeptical. But once we got going, I saw the purpose of it. The video simply prompts different discussions, and the discussion time that we had was very good. I really feel like I got to know a few of these people pretty well. It was great.

So, next week we are meeting again to do session #2 of the video, the purpose of which is to help us define what we want our group to 'be' or 'do'. I'm looking forward to that, and to start to define our focus. The following week, Kim and I are hosting a dinner with this group so that they can see what we were doing with our 'social gatherings', and it will give us more opportunity to get to know each other better.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where we all fall into place as time goes on.

No comments: