1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Worship as a way of life

It is impressed upon me more and more, that worship as a way of life (in our day to day lives) is oh so important.  It isn't like I didn't know this previously, but I feel as though I am being prodded and reminded of it more and more.  Which leads me to believe that I myself need to become more conscious of this.  What does this mean exactly?  I'm not quite sure.  But I would think that it requires first of all that you give up your own earthly desires and inclinations.  It requires that you probably will have to do things that aren't necessarily in your own plans.  What am I talking about?

Well, it was announced the other day that Chris Tomlin and band may be moving to Atlanta to plant a new church (A Passion Church possibly?) with Louie Giglio.  The comments from people at The Stone (Chris's church) say that Chris did not necessarily seem happy about this idea of moving to Atlanta.  That his comment about it was that he does not like the idea of living in Atlanta and likes being in Austin, but that he was trying to follow God's leading.  Wow!  Talk about living a life of faith!  Being willing to go to a place that you have no desire to go, is huge. 

I mean, here I am, planning a move to Austin--which is a place I WANT to go, I desire to go there, and here is this guy who is telling The Lord that he is willing to go to a place he has no desire to live.  Talk about giving up your life for The Lord.  Now, nothing is set in stone yet--they aren't going for sure.  They have put their houses on the market and are going to see if they sell and go from there.  The housing market is amazing in Austin, and houses usually go pretty fast--so we'll see what happens.

No comments: