1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Leading worship

So, I have a new venture upon me.


I will be leading worship at my Grandparents church in Fairfield, ALL BY MYSELF! This is a new thing for me, and I'm pretty excited about it!


Not only that, but it is Children's Sunday, which is even better since I directed the Children's Choir at my church in Massachusetts for 2 years, and led the Children's Worship. So my head is full of kids worship songs, and kid-friendly songs.


Plus, this church doesn't really know ANY of the popular worship songs. Most of them don't even know who Chris Tomlin is I'm sure. So I plan to teach them some songs too.


Then, I got an email from my Aunt the other day who also attends that church, and she informed me that not only am I leading worship when I go, but I AM the service that day. Yup, the entire service is mine...and she said I can do whatever I want. I can do kids songs, worship songs, perform some songs, preach, anything I want. And she's totaly serious. So...this should be interesting.


I plan to do some kids songs, and some worship songs. I really want to teach them all songs they can enjoy--that is my goal. To get them comfortable with modern worship songs.


I thought I would share this too. Some of my friends on Worship Frequency discovered this website which we can share our own music on! So far I only have one song up, but I'm working on more. (It'll probably take me some time to get them up though)

(if there is no 'play' button, then click on "01 Kate Libby - I Love You Lord" and the song will play)



No comments: