1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A calming

So, today was the first Sunday in a few weeks that I was around to go to my own church.  The past few weeks I've either been out of town, or at another church for one reason or another.  It was so nice to be in my own church today.

This weekend was the weekend of Passion::Atlanta. (I know the guy in the black and white photo-crouched over his bible!)  I had quite a few friends who went--and I so wanted to be there!  But, it just wasn't meant for me to go, which is okay.  I was meant to be in my church service this morning.  I'm not sure if it is the reason why I didn't go to Atlanta, but I was definitely meant to hear this message today.

The past 24 hours I have been feeling unsettled about something in my life.  Something that I wasn't feeling unsettled about before.  So it has been a bit of a shock to my system.  Going to my church today was just the calming I needed.

Separately, I believe I received a confirmation on moving to Austin--and pursuing ministry.  (This is not what I was feeling unsettled about)  But the sermon was about the calling of Moses to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt.  And my Pastor said something that caught my attention.  He was talking about how Moses was not sure about going, and kept questioning God, when God just said go.  And Pastor Scott made a statement, which I don't remember exactly.  But the general idea was, "If you are being called to go, you go, you don't ask questions"  That isn't what he said specifically...but it is what I heard loud and clear.

And it isn't that I was questioning moving.  I haven't at all.  I have been praying for confirmation that I am to go--I am planning a visit back to Austin in July--and figured the confirmation might come while I'm down there.  But I think I might have received it today instead.  

So now, when am I going to go?  That I am not sure of yet.  Maybe after Christmas sometime?  I'm unsure of the timing.  But I am going to move forward with this, and see if The Lord opens doors, or closes them.  It's the only way I know how to do things.

On a side note--I found out last week that a high school classmate of mine, who currently lives here in Freeport, is also moving to Austin.  But he's going in September.  So...it will be nice to have someone down there already that I know pretty well.  I have to admit, it is a safe feeling to have someone you already know in a strange place.  Yes, I met others while I was there in February...who have since become friends (I'm staying with the couple that I met when I go down in July!).  But I'm still getting to know them.  I know I can trust them--but this guy I have known for like 13 or so years.  So, it's a little different and comforting in a way.

But anyway, I'm excited about this!

No comments: