1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's coming together!

So, this ministry at church, with the 20-somethings, is coming together. Last week we had a dinner, and this week we met normally again, working with the video's that we've been working with. It is really fun to see it coming all together, especially as we get to know each other better and better.

Last night we outlined our "Ground Rules" and I think they're pretty great.
  • Begin and end on time
  • Confidentiality
  • Call when you can't come
  • Bring up issues or dissatisfaction right away
  • No interrupting, or carrying on separate conversations
  • Do any confrontations individually, not in front of the group
  • No gossiping in prayer
  • No grudges, come with a pure heart, and clean spirit towards everyone else
  • start and end with prayer
  • get prayer requests and foster an environment where people feel comfortable sharing

I am in charge of communications. I wasn't appointed there, but naturally fell into that position. It's a good place for me.

There are a lot of things on my heart right now regarding 'ministry' and my place in it. I'm not sure how to verbalize it all right now. But I know that God is working it out, and is placing me right where He wants me. I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be at this moment.

I am still feeling called to move to another place, Austin is still at the top of the list. The timing is uncertain, nothing is set in stone, but that desire has not gone away. But it is nice to know, that for now, right where I am in Maine, I am still being used.

I feel like this is all in preparation of the top being blown off. Do you know what I mean? Like this is a glimpse into a much larger picture which I am to be a part of. Obviously I'm not sure exactly what that is, but that is how I view this. Like, this is my training in a way.

No comments: