1Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)

My name is Kate.  I strive to live my life every single day for the Glory of God.  But do I succeed at that?  Absolutely not.  I fall short, every single day.  But I am saved by the Blood of Christ; and I strive to further His Kingdom, even though I know I will fall short.  Why?  Because it is what I am called to do.  Through music and relationships.  Those are the gifts I was entrusted with, and since I did not ask for them, I had better use them to the best of my ability.  I will not hide them under a rock, instead I will stand on The Rock and use them for The Glory of God!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Haven't posted in a looooong time

I know I haven't posted on this blog in a looooooooooooong time.

Not necessarily because there hasn't been any moving forward on ministry for me, but really that's why. But that isn't true, because there has actually been quite a bit of moving forward toward ministry for me, just it hasn't been as obvious until now--or at least not so easy to write about.

So much has happened since moving here to Austin. God has directed my path here--that is abundantly clear. I wouldn't be where I am physically, spiritually or emotionally if He hadn't. He intended for me to be exactly where I am at this exact moment. How do I know? Because His peace just pours over me. There is no other way to describe it.

Remember the 3 M's? Move, Marriage, Ministry?

Well, as you know, I've moved. I live in the Austin, TX area now. I lived in Austin for a bit, but now I live in a small town west of Austin called Spicewood.

Why do I live there now?

Because I'm getting married! I'm marrying Tres. The man that God intended for me to meet and marry. He is beyond my wildest dreams. He is so much more than I ever thought I would find in a man. His character is amazing and strong. His faith and his relationship with Jesus inspires me. His strength holds me up and encourages me. He is my perfect match.

And ministry? Well, that seems to be coming along now too. See my personal blog for an update on that, I just wrote about it there.

I am so thankful to God, who loves me and cares enough about me to not only place His desires on my heart, the things He wants for me. But sees them through, and gives them to me like beautifully wrapped gifts. I almost feel like I had 3 gifts placed before me. One for each M. I got to open the Move box first. And inside that box was just a piece of the gift, but there was another box inside that to open. And when the time came, I was allowed to open that box, which led to another box to open.

Then to my surprise, I was allowed to open the Marriage gift. I didn't expect that one would be next.

Now, I'm finally allowed to open the Ministry box.

All 3 of these boxes still have smaller boxes inside to open, with more surprises and more gifts. It's amazing to me. I'm so humbled and blessed.

No comments: